Training Associate/ Instructional Design
Job Description :
Based in Los Angeles and reporting to the Assistant Human Resource Manager-Training and Development, this highly visible position works collaboratively with key corporate/field partners and subject matter experts to assist and support in the design, development and implement training programs to address role specific needs of all corporate employees in such areas as supervisory development, performance management, company compliance, diversity, business management, and similar corporate management development courses. The HR Training Associate will ensure that all materials used in delivering training are maintained according to current best practices in document structure, presentation techniques, communication skills and training methods. This position may also require the candidate to present or facilitate a training session to a medium or small group of employees.
- Design and develop instructional materials (including leader guides, student guides, course exercises, manuals, and visual aids) for use in training courses, with high attention to quality, role-specificity, and sense of urgency.
- Identify needs, required learning paths and performance objectives for each corporate employee level.
- Leverage existing library to structure curricula, and identify content needed to fill training gaps.
- Pilot test and facilitate training courses to various skill levels.
- Utilize data to make recommendations, revise and enhance current and future projects. Measure effectiveness of training programs. Participate in post-learning event quality assurance activities, recommending and implementing improvements.
- Develop certification and re-certification program for all corporate management levels.
- Implement HR/Company initiatives, including facilitation and preparation of materials for annual focal review process.
- Serve as a liaison with outside vendors for executive development (i.e. 360° feedback survey)
- Other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to assisting other HR functions (i.e. benefits, employee relations, etc.) in the execution of projects and transactional workload.
- Ability to travel into markets for training implementation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- HR Generalist Background (preferably in a retail setting)
- 2-5 years’ experience in instructional design, technical writing, and/or curriculum development.
- Demonstrated project management skills to handle all aspects of complex projects
- Computer literacy and knowledge of instructional design tools and adult learning theory
- Demonstrated Content Development Experience with emphasis in Soft Skills (i.e., coaching, interpersonal communication, Conflict Management, Listening, Leadership Development or HR compliance (i.e. Wage and Hour issues, employee relations, behavioral interviewing or disciplinary action).
- Candidates selected for interview must submit “finished” samples of content development and demonstrate ability to engage an audience.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Communications or related fields, or higher.
- Knowledge/experience in employee relations, benefits administration, payroll processing, data management, and/or recruiting.
- HR Generalist experience PREFERRED
Behavioral and Interpersonal Skills:
- Adjust language or terminology to fit characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Create an excellent first impression, commanding attention and respect, and showing an air of confidence.
- Develop and sustain effective and cooperative working relationships with peers, managers, and other internal or external personnel critical to successful performance. Promote teamwork and cross-functional collaboration.
- Open to change and new information; adapt behavior and work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service oriented, with a track record of consistently exceeding customer expectations.
Job Code :
Corp - HR: Human Resources
* HQ - GLOBAL HQ CORPORATE OFFICES, Los Angeles CA US 90031
Job Type :
Career Level :
High School or equivalent
Human Resources -> Training & Development
Purchasing & Sourcing
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)